The air you are breathing every day is vital for your overall health. You can’t control the air outside, but you can control the air inside your home. To make sure that you are breathing clean air, you should consider purchasing the best whole house air purifiers.
The market has a lot of options for you when it comes to these products. We gathered the most accurate whole house air purifier reviews to help you choose wisely. So, keep reading and find the air purifier you need at the most affordable price!
The following in-depth reviews of the top-rated whole home air purifiers and buying guide,
will help you make an educated decision before you pull your credit card out.
- Top 6 Whole House Air Purifiers - Updated Reviews
- 1. Coway Airmega 400 Smart HEPA Air Purifier - Editor’s Choice
- 2. Alen BreatheSmart Classic 1100 sq ft Air Purifier
- 3. Medify MA-112 Medical Grade True HEPA H13 Air Purifier
- 4. Oransi Max HEPA Large Room Air Purifier for Asthma Mold, Dust and Allergies
- 5. Alexapure 3049 Breeze EnergyEfficient True HEPA + IonCluster Air Purification System – White
- 6. Honeywell F100F2010 Media Air Cleaner, 20" x 25"
Top 6 Whole House Air Purifiers - Updated Reviews
1. Coway Airmega 400 Smart HEPA Air Purifier - Editor’s Choice
To begin with, we have this fantastic Airmega 400 whole house air purifier from Coway. It’s one of the most popular, best HEPA air purifier & an activated carbon filter that you can find in the market. The manufacturer offers silver and white model. So, you are free to choose the color that will fit your home better.This Coway Airmega 400 smart air purifier covers a surface of 1560 sq. Ft, but you can find a smaller one that will cover 1256 sq. Ft. It is essential to know the surface of your property before investing in such a device. If your surface is more significant than the coverage power of the air purifier, you will not enjoy it at its highest capacity.
The Coway Airmega 400 will clean the air in your space two times in one hour. It is a best rated HEPA air purifier for entire house that also has a carbon filter. These two filters will get rid of 99.97% of impurities and reduce unpleasant odors.
If you choose to use this air purifier, you will know in real-time what is the quality of your air. It has a ring design that uses LED light to show you how clean or not, is the air in your home.
The fan modes of this whole house HEPA air cleaner are Smart, Sleep, Low, Medium, and High. You will appreciate that it is a very quiet device, so it will not bother you at all. The loudest this air purifier will get is 43.2 dB.
Another exciting feature of this product is that it will adjust the fan speed automatically to the quality of the air. It will consume only 65 W, and it is Energy Star certified as well.
And last but not least, you will be able to use a timer with this air cleaner. The timer goes between two, four, or eight hours.
- It will not consume a lot of energy as it is Energy Star certified
- Uses two filters: a carbon filter and a HEPA filter
- The LED light indicates how clean the air is at all times
- The fan adjusts automatically to the air’s quality
- It might be bothering to pregnant women due to the chemicals it uses
- As this product cleans the air, it will generate a particular smell. This smell is only temporary, as it is part of the transition to better air quality.
2. Alen BreatheSmart Classic 1100 sq ft Air Purifier
If you have a room of 1100 sqft., this Alen BreatheSmart Classic large room air purifier is the best option for you. It has a very sleep design, and you can choose from eight different colors that look amazing!
But what you will love most about this air purifier are its efficient features. First of all, you can choose between four different functions. It can clean your air of allergies and dust, pet dander and odor but also mold and bacteria or smoke and other chemicals.
If you leave this air purifier on when you sleep, it will help you relax. It emanates white noise but also pink and red noise to help you rest much better. You will not find this feature on many whole home air purifiers.
The BreathSmart technology of this product will be a great help for people who suffer from asthma and allergies. It is a quiet air purifier, and it doesn’t come with no lights. Thanks to its discreet and straightforward design, you will not feel bothered at all.
This item uses a HEPA filter that is Ozone free. Ozone is responsible for negative ions that can get the screen to clog quickly. You don’t want an air purifier that uses Ozone. When it works in a turbo setting, this device can consume 105 W.
The system of this Alen BreatheSmart HEPA air purifier drags the dirty air in on the sides and generates clean air on the top. You will appreciate that the display of this product is discreet, but it shows you the quality of your air at a glance.
This device is easy to move from one room to another as it comes with a handle as well. It allows you to remove up to 99% of pollutants in any space you want to clean.
It is the ideal whole house air purifier HEPA system for master bedrooms, open living rooms, and other large spaces in your house.
- Uses a high quality HEPA system
- No ozone that can clog the filter
- Easy to install and set up just the way you need to
- Automatic adjustments according to the quality of the air
- Consumes more energy than other similar products
- It might take longer to calibrate when you set it up, but once it calibrates, it will clean your air constantly
3. Medify MA-112 Medical Grade True HEPA H13 Air Purifier
Medify MA-112 Medical Grade True HEPA H13 offers the best air purifier for whole house for spaces as big as upto 3700 sq. Ft. This alone is an impressive feature, but there are even more to come! You can order it in a pack of one or a pack of two according to your property.
This Medify MA-112 is CADR 950 as well. CADR stands for how many cubic feet of air it produces in one minute while it runs at the highest level. The 950 number is excellent under this label.
Also, the filter of this product is a true HEPA H13. This system is the level of clean air that medical units aim towards, and you can have it in your home. Keep in mind that this is not a medical device, though.
The surface of 3700 sq. Ft. will have clean air in only one hour after using this item. If you are using it for a room of 2500 sq. Ft., the fresh air will be noticeable in half an hour!
Besides the CADR 950 label, this Medify MA-112 largest home air purifier is also an Energy Star one, which means that it will not consume a lot of power. It has a touch screen display to give you access to all the information.
Thanks to the child lock function, you will not have to worry about leaving this device handy for your children. The auto function, as well as the ionizer and sleep functions, can be on and off according to your preferences.
Due to the high quality of this product, it also has some of the most favorable whole house air purifiers review.
- CADR 950 label
- Energy Star certified
- Child lock function
- Reaches medical level of clean air
- There are not many colors to choose from when you purchase this product. However, this white shade will blend into any type of background.
4. Oransi Max HEPA Large Room Air Purifier for Asthma Mold, Dust and Allergies
Oransi Max HEPA air purifier offers a medium large air purifier system that is an excellent solution for asthma patients. It will bring significant benefits to people who suffer from different allergies as well.
This Oransi V HEPA Max air purifier is AHAM certified, which means that the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers checked and tested this air purifier. It will not consume a lot of energy either as it comes with an Energy Star certification.If you are looking for the best medium to big home air purifier for your bedroom or your kids’ room, Oransi Max air purifier one is a great option! All you have to do is plug it in, and you will enjoy cleaner air.
This purifier will adjust its fan speed according to the type of air you have in your house. To enjoy this feature, you will have to turn on the automatic setting. It helps you sleep better as you will be breathing better at all times.
It is perfect for medium size rooms up to 600 sq. Ft., and it adds a pleasant, fresh scent to your space. The filter it uses is a V-HEPA Max, and it is tranquil as well. You will not even know this device is on!The manufacturer offers a ten years warranty to cover all your potential issues with this Mransi Max Hepa. You will find it very easy to replace the filter, too, as it comes with all the instructions you need.
- AHAM label and Energy Star certificate
- Easy to install and remove the filter
- Automatic function available
- Significant improvement for asthma patients
- You have only one design to choose, but it is universal so that it will fit most rooms
- Not recommended for places that are bigger than 600 sq.ft.
5. Alexapure 3049 Breeze EnergyEfficient True HEPA + IonCluster Air Purification System – White
Another whole house air purifier that can give you incredible results is this one from Alexapure. You will fall in love with its white and classic design from the beginning. But you will enjoy its useful features as well!
The efficiency of this air purifier comes from the true HEPA filter that it uses. This filter will eliminate up to 99.97% impurities in your air without bothering you at all. It is tranquil and discreet that you can forget it is even on.
It also has an activated carbon filter that gets rid of volatile organic compounds and different harmful chemicals. And the ioncluster technology is responsible for killing all the microbes and bacteria in your space.
This product doesn’t use any Ozone, which makes it safe for everyone. Thanks to this aspect, the filter will stay cleaner for a longer time as well. It is perfect for rooms up to 800 sq. Ft. You can use it in your living room, bedroom, or kids’ room with no concerns.
The CADR of this air purifier is 315 m3/h. This CADR level places the Alexapure air purifier among the most efficient ones on the market. You will love to let this device on when you sleep and breathe in clean air!
- CADR 315 m3/h
- Eliminates 99.97% of pollutants
- Uses both a true HEPA filter and a carbon filter
- Doesn’t use any Ozone
- It is not Energy Star certified, but even so, it will not consume more than 0.5 kWh
- No display to indicate detailed aspects about the air but there is a light that shows you the level of purity
6. Honeywell F100F2010 Media Air Cleaner, 20" x 25"
The last entire home air cleaner we have to introduce to you but not the least one is this Honeywell model. It is a different type of air purifier but an efficient one, nonetheless.
This whole house air filtration system uses an FC100A that comes with the product. It is a Media Air Cleaner compatible with other filters such as FC100A1037 and FC200E1037 or POPUP2025. All these filters are easy to find and replace as you need.
In case you don’t find this model easily, you should know that the company created a replacement under the name Honeywell HF100F2025. the specifications remain the same.
You will be able to access the filter easily every time you want to replace it or clean it. This air cleaner has a simple design, and it comes in a universal gray color. It captures 0.3 microns size particles.
All you have to do is place this purifier in the air duct at the return point. You don’t have to plug it in or use any energy source. It will work with all types of furnaces and compressor cooling of a maximum of 5 tons.
The zinc coat material that this product has on top of it will resist corrosion over a long period. You don’t need to maintain it in any way. Replacing the filter when it gets clogged is the only requirement. One filter should last between six and twelve months.
- It doesn’t consume any energy
- You can use it with all types of furnaces
- Different filters are compatible with this cleaner
- No need for any maintenance
- You might not be thrilled by the industrial design of this cleaner, but the efficiency is worth the investment
- It doesn’t come with any of the certifications that other air purifiers have. The lack of certificates is because this is a media air cleaner that functions differently than other filters.
As you can see, finding the best whole house air purifier is not as complicated as it might seem. The products in this guide are ideal for different types of spaces. You know that you are not taking any risks when you purchase one of these six whole house air purification systems.
A good air purifier will improve not only the quality of your air but also the quality of your life. It will create a better environment for you and your family so you can enjoy your time at home more!